Roma Active Albania launches an open call for applications for Peer Educators, within the project “Peer Education to counter antigypsyist online hate speech – PECAO”. This project received funding from the Google.Org. Impact Challenge on Safety in the framework of ERGO Network’s project Peer education to counter antigypsyist online hate speech,
The general objectives of the project are:
At least 2,000 young people from Spain, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Romania, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Italy, France, North Macedonia and Albania, through peer education, will raise their awareness of the negative effects of hate speech on Roma and will give them the opportunity to recognize and report hate speech online
To strengthen the capacity of 50 young Roma peer educators in 10 countries to monitor hate speech in online media and report hate speech to IT companies, national equality bodies and relevant state institutions to strengthen implementation of anti-discrimination laws.
To represent national and EU decision-makers on anti-discrimination policies to take into account the online sphere.
Use the experiences of peer educators and monitoring results to raise awareness of other stakeholders (the wider civil society, educators, and young people) about antigypsyism and hate speech online in media and the urgency to prevent it.
Roma Active Albania will select 5 peer educators who will implement activities through their peer education, and at the same time will monitor the media.
Top educators will work with a mentor to help and oversee their work.
Who can apply?
- Young Roma, living in Albania, between the ages of 18 and 30 who have an interest and motivation to fight antigypsyism and hate speech.
- Be active and fully involved in the project for a duration of 24 months.
- To have knowledge and little work experience in the topics of addressing discrimination, hate speech, youth work.
- Previous engagements in youth organization, student organization etc. is an advantage.
- Preferably to have knowledge of the English language for work at international level.
- Willing to conduct workshops and activities with students, members of youth organizations, high school pupils, etc.
How to apply?
If you are interested and want to join the project, we will ask you to complete the application and a one page motivation letter (in Albanian), and send it via email to email@example.com no later than 22nd of May, 2020.
Applications after the deadline will not be considered!
Candidates who pass the first selection will be invited for an interview by Roma Active Albania.